Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Challenge day 1

Imagine that you have the opportunity to travel back through time. At what point in history would you like to stop and why?


If I had a chance to travel back in time I would stop in the year of 1789. This was during the French Revolution. For me this was one of the moments that shaped the future.
The members of the third estate finally rose up and showed that they can attain change if they want. All of the people united and fought against the injustice being shown towards them. I would like to see how the nobleman and the clergy would react. It interests me in how they would react toward the power shift which is so clear. I would also like to experience a guillotine execution first hand. I want to see how people gain joy at such a hideous sight. It interests me how the peasants went almost crazy burning the houses of the noblemen. I want to be part of the daily conversations with the common people, I want to know how they felt about the revolution. I personally think that this time in history was so important it changed Europe as a whole as it made france so much stronger. I want to also see how the world was 1789 because the scientific revolution and the enlightenment had just happened. So many people would have different opinions on everything as new discoveries were being made. I also am interested to see there sense of fashion back in the day personally I find it hilarious that guys would wear skirts and heels. Its also my personal favorite topic in history class because everything happens so fast, the story of the French revolution was like a movie in real life. I realy want to experience this fascinating time of history because of those reasons stated above.

1 comment:

  1. If you were to develop this topic, you should expand on this thought: "this was one of the moments that shaped the future."

    ReplyDelete