Thursday, November 3, 2011

Challenge day 2

Write about some issue of local, national, or international concern and its significance to you?
A major issue which I am concerned about today is the freedom of Tibet. Why would this be a great concern? A lot of people I know are Tibetans and I personally believe that they deserve self-autonomy. In the recent months many monks and nuns have burnt themselves as a way of peaceful protest against the mistreatment of the Tibetan people. This is a very big issue being ignored by the world the politicians of the world seem to have lost their voice in this matter. I am from a country that used to be colonized by gained its freedom through peaceful protest thanks to the man named Gandhi. I believe if other nations do not interfere and talk about the freedom of Tibet to china justice will not be served. All nations are too afraid of talking of this matter because it might cause war but this matter should not be ignored. Whenever I read the news it frustrates me that I can be of no help as a student. I have taken every opportunity offered to help this cause in any way. The thing that frustrates me most is that people are suffering when others can actually do something about. My favorite subject is history and the thing that I learnt was that freedom is very important. I completely agree with this, everyone should have choice in what to do and who they are. Freedom is one thing that no one has right to take away from you. With the technology which is in existence today communication has become so much easier therefore we know how much trouble the Tibetans are going through. As a global citizen of this world I feel great pain in knowing Tibet and Tibetans are not free.

No comments:

Post a Comment